Wales Duathlon 2023
02 April 2023
The Wales Duathlon event will take place on Sunday April 2nd 2023 at 8AM at the beautiful Penarth Esplanade.
THIS RACE IS OPEN FOR ENTRY TO ALL ABILITIES FROM BEGINNERS TO SEASONED ATHLETES.
Tough Runner UK is pleased to bring you the second edition of the highly popular Wales Duathlon which takes place in the breath-taking scenery of Penarth and its surrounding roads. The run course will take you past the simply beautiful Penarth Esplanade before you transition onto the bike and onto surrounding roads. This outstanding bike course is surrounded by stunning farm lands.
So let’s get down to the details:
Event Date – Sunday 2nd April 2023- 8AM Start
Event venue – Penarth Esplanade
Event Distance – 5k 20k 5k
Number of participants – 550
British Triathlon Federation Rules
BTF rules, All competitors must comply with BTF rules, (it is recommended that you read the BTF rules and regulations which will be applied to this race). All competitors must be licensed to race, those non BTF members will be required to pay a £6GBP levy for a day license. This is now all digital and is included in the non member entry cost.
- Finisher's Medal
- Fully marked and marshalled route
- Water stations
- Special awards for top 3 finishers
- Food and drinks vendors
- Chip-timed results
- Portable toilets
- Medical support
How to get there
Cliff Parade, Penarth CF64 5BP, UK Get full directions
There will not be any event specific parking at the site, however there are a number of options near the event hub. - Cliff Parade car park is free to park in, and is located at 8 Cliff Parade, Penarth CF64 5BP, approximately 30 seconds from the event hub. - Penarth town is also close, approximately 8-10 minutes from event hub.
Event day logistics
06:00 Registration and transition opens
07:40 Registration and transition closes
07:50 Mandatory race brief
08:00 Duathlon starts
Entrants must be 17 and older to take part in the event.
- This event is not drafting. Anybody caught doing so will be DSQ drafting is cheating.
- All competitors must comply with BTF rules, (it is recommended that you read the BTF rules and regulations which will be applied to this race)
- All competitors must be licensed to race, those non BTF members will be required to pay a £5GBP levy for a day license. This is now included in the non member entry cost.
- If you intend to use your own nutrition please keep hold of it until you reach a suitable place to discard of it.
- Security will be present in the transition area. Only competitors wearing their ID will be allowed in or out.
- Your race pack will include a race number and 2 stickers which are to be attached to your bike and helmet. This must be done prior to entering the transition zone.
- No riding is allowed in the transition zone. Your helmet must be fastened on your head at all times whilst you are on tour bike or running through transition with your bike.
Registration open from: 06:00:00
Organiser: Tough Runner Uk
Race Director:Adam newton